Thanks to everyone who played a role in putting the event together in English and in Spanish! Check for the video description box of the videos later today for time markers on the reports from last night.
See below for action steps that you can take! Ask your friends, family members, neighbors, and co-workers to join you!
1. Take a sheet of 8 ½ by 11 paper and write: “Dear state and local officials, please use the federal funds for emergency housing assistance” and sign your name.
2. Next, take a picture of yourself holding that up, or take a picture of the sign, and post it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
3. Use the hashtag #ohiohousinghelp
4. Also, email that picture to BREAD!
**If you don’t have social media yourself email your picture to email@example.com
. By emailing your picture to us, you give us permission to share it on social media.
1. Write a letter to the Columbus Director of Public Safety Ned Pettus, Mayor Ginther, Chief Quinlan, Council Member Mitchell Brown, & Council President Shannon Hardin.
2. Copy and paste the body of the letter here:
Dear Director of Public Safety Ned Pettus, Mayor Ginther, Chief Quinlan, Council Member Mitchell Brown, & Council President Shannon Hardin
As a supporter of B.R.E.A.D., I applaud the leadership of Deputy Director George Speaks in bringing agencies together through “the Safe Neighborhoods Initiative” to stop the violence. At the same time I know that more must be
done. I stand with other B.R.E.A.D. leaders in support of a 2 year contract between the agencies associated with Safe Neighborhoods Initiative and the National Network for Safe Communities to ensure significant decreases in murders and group violence. I am asking you to work with Deputy Director
Speaks to secure the funding necessary for this partnership.
For those who would like to review information and resources related to COVID-19, please visit the Franklin County Public Health website at www.myfcph.org