The B.R.E.A.D Organization
Building Responsibility, Equality And Dignity
(Copy and paste or click here for a pdf)
Email to :
City Hall 2nd Floor
90 West Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Dear Mayor Ginther
I am a member of the BREAD organization which represents 41 congregations in the Columbus area. I would like to applaud you for seeking a new Police Chief from outside of the current division of police force. I would also ask you to consider hiring a person who will:
1) Be aware of and supportive to change the current culture of racism, heavy handed policing that currently exist within the Columbus Police Department, particularly in black and brown communities.
2) Be supportive and implement transparency, and legitimacy within CPD.
3) Be supportive and implement a restorative practice for communities and individuals who have been harmed by the misconduct of a CPD officer and also implement community meetings with officers and harmed communities.
4) Be a person willing to support non-police response models such as CAHOOTS.
5) Be willing to promote and utilize training in peer intervention models such as A.B.L.E. out of Georgetown University.
Again, we applaud you on seeking a new police chief from outside of the organization and taking steps to ensure that we have the best result possible and in taking the above recommendations I am confident we will.
Micah 6:6-8 (NRSV)
"He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
- Abandoned Housing
- Restorative Justice and more! Click on the "Accomplishments" page under "More Here".
The 2020 Annual Report is available! It includes information about our current efforts, budget, and more! For additional information on our current efforts, click the "More Here" tab.
Interested in making an online financial investment to B.R.E.A.D.? Click here. Thanks in advance!
Want more regular updates? Check us out on Facebook!